Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failover Cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmartineau

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2010
CA
Hi,

I am doing a test environment before deploying to production. I have 3 server (identical hardware HP DL20, 64Go Ram) that i want to configure as an hyper-v cluster. I have installed windows server 2012R2 on all 3 servers with the hyper-v and failover cluster roles and features. 2 of them are Windows 2012R2 Core and 1 is with GUI. All is well with the creation of the cluster but the server with GUI keeps getting booted. I have noticed that the 2 core have a Microsoft Failover Cluster Virtual adapter that is created automatically where the one with GUI does not.

All 3 servers have 2 Network Cards:
- network 1 : 192.168.5.10 (20, 30) with internet access
- network 2 : 192.168.0.10 (20.30) no internet access used for cluster operations (the Witness share is a SMB3.0 share on a NAS in the 192.168.0.0. range)

I'm at a loss as to why the GUI server fails, i have tried taking it out of the cluster and re configuring it but i get the same results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back