Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failing to make MDE file. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2003
GB
We have been having problems with Disk/Network errors with 2 multi-user Access 2000 databases under Citrix Terminal services.

A suggested solution to this problem involves, first of all, splitting the DBs and converting the front-end to an MDE file.

I have split a copy of one of the DBs that is 87MB.
Each part was about 87MB, but I compacted the front-end and it came right down to about 1MB.
I tried this out and it worked fine.

However when I tried to make the front-end into an MDE file the error

‘Microsoft was unable to create an MDE database’

was displayed with just an OK & no HELP Button.

Any ideas ?

You probably have an error somewhere on the code.
I had the same problem this morning...

Just go to Access VB code, do COMPILE option, and the error(s) should come up...

Fix the errors on the code, and keep on COMPILING until it compiles with no errors.

You can then create the MDE then and should be fine...

I hope that helps

I have also sometimes hit this error when trying to create an mde on a network drive. It then works when creating it locally.

It is more likely that there are errors in the code, but if you can't locate any, try saving the mde locally and see if that works.

Good luck.

If you're running Access2002, you have to convert your file format to 2002 format before compiling it to an MDE. In your database window, it will tell you if the database is in 2000 or 2002 format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back