Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

** FAILED TODAY **

Status
Not open for further replies.

markjrees

Technical User
May 13, 2004
GB
Took CCNA exam today. Got 710 out of 849. I am gutted. I answered all the questions to the best of my knowledge and really thought I'd be in with a chance this time (I took it twice at the beginning of last year and failed - 780 and 776 scored respectively).

I referred to testking after finishing studying for this one - and what a mistake that was. I've thrown it out anyway now.

I was happy with all the answers I gave although see the details below on some which were 50/50 . I was sure i'd be at least close to the pass mark.

Planning And Designing - 61%
Implementation and Operation - 66%
Troubleshooting - 60%
Technology - 45%

Anybody got any ideas what the above areas actually are (i.e. what particular type of questions involve Implementation and Operation).

I can remember I got questions on the following:-

- CIDR - which IP addresses are suitable for a given class

- What will be the default gateway (on a question relating to switchports fa0/1 and fa0/0.11

- A specific question on two networks with the same AS numbers which cant communicate - the answer I chose was the REDISTRIBUTE command.

OSI Layers numbers - if there is a default gateway problem, at which layer number is the first to encounter problems - i chose layer 3: The Network Layer

Frame relay MAP commands

VLANS

one sim just assigning ip addresses to router interfaces. dead easy.

the other one was tricky - you had to configure everything on the router AND use ip addresses and subnets from specific subnets. I think it was "use networks from the 9th subnet for E0 and the 11th subnet for S0.

think i messed that one up.

i picked up the ciscopress ccna book tonight and it's twice as thick as the sybex book. there's a whole chapter on NAT (not even mentioned in the sybex book)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back