Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed to start Restore - Backup Agent Error 354

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvhusker

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2006
US
Hello, I am trying to restore an individual mailbox from our Brick Level backup that was done about 8 months ago. Since that time, we have a new exchange server with a new name so therefore it would be impossible to restore to the original location. We also deleted the user a couple months ago and now they need to access her mailbox. I have recreated the user in Active Directory, initialized the mailbox by sending an email to it, and when I go into the Restore in the job, I can see the newly created user's mailbox. I select that user, that is on the newer exchange server, and then start the restore. After locating session, it seems like it is starting to restore and then it fails with the following error message...

E8605 Failed to start the restore. (DBNAME=Individual Mailboxes\<user's name>, EC=<Our new exchange server name>:Backup Agent Error -- (354) "Failed to find the object information".)

I found a couple articles on this in the Knowledge Base on CA's website but they are not helping me at all. Any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back