Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

failed to open stream: Permission denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouwob

Programmer
Apr 12, 2006
US
Warning: simplexml_load_file( [function.simplexml-load-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/1/html/1.php on line 127

logic would say that I need to adjust directory permissions. But this will be kind of hard since I am recieving the file from another site. readfile does the same for me. I am running php 5.2......

Any thoughts on what is going on?

tia

do you have allow_url_fopen turned on?

what happens if you reset all private data in your browser (cookies etc) and then call the page directly?

allow_url_fopen is on. But we have had troubles with this in the past. Im thinking that my host might have some dort of proxy in place to not allow it. I can call the page and see the valix xml with no problems before and after deleting my history.

I moved to a new host this weekend and I will see if the problem persists. Thanks for the notes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back