Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

failed to open rowset; unknown query engine error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksnpc

Technical User
Jan 23, 2004
US
Hi, I'm using Crystal Reports 9 (an OEM version) connected to Oracle 9i. I try to run my report on a certain record and I get the "failed to open a rowset" followed by "unknown query engine" errors. The report has been working well for a long time and so far I've only come across this error on this one particular record. It seems like the problem would have to be with the record itself but I haven't been able to find anything wrong with it. Has anyone else had this type of problem?

Thanks,
Shauna

How are you connecting to Oracle? And to what (SP, View, Tables)?

This is a common reason for errors, use the native connectivity as a first choice, and don't use the Oracle supplied ODBC driver, if you use ODBC use the Crystal supplied driver.

-k

To create a connection, I go to ODBC (RDO) and select Create New Connection and then point it to ORA_SERVER which is the system DSN for the database. For this report I'm connecting to tables and a view.

One other reason for this error I found was if that record you're using has a link to another table and the index in some way has failed to connect to the other table or if the key connection for that record has been corrupted then the error occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back