Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed to fetch config using RCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

persepolis77

Technical User
Oct 25, 2007
CA
Hello,

In my Archive Management of Ciscoworks I get this error message for some devices:
Failed to fetch config using RCP.Connection timed out: connect Verify RCP is enabled or not.

I found a thread from Nigel Bowden on this forum which says : "If you put in just the snmp read & write strings, LMS can get the startup & running configs OK. But, the vlan file can only be retrieved using a telnet or ssh session."

The question is that where I can set the telnet or ssh session to have a successful archiving. I have already set snmp read & write passwords correctly.

Thanks for help,
Mehdi

I think you might have to also have an enable password set on the device as well as telling ciscoworks how to login to be able to retrive the configs..hope this helps

Im getting this same error, was there a fix for this????

cheers

Greg

Greg,

I did not find any solution for this problem. Honestly I stopped looking for it cause got some important things to do. I just checked all the passwords and eberything is correct. Most of my devices work fine with the same passwords but only some of them have this problem.

Mehdi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back