Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed to connect agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

agianduso

MIS
Apr 19, 2002
US
Hi,

I have a Windows 2000 Adv server network. I'm running Arcserve 2000. I also have all the necessary agents. When it goes to backup one of my servers, I recieve the following error:

E8601 Failed to connect agent. (AGENT=dbasql70, EC=78)

Your assistance in resolving this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

Tony,

Have you scanned CA support for this error and also latest patches.

I had a nightmare with the Notes agent - wouldn't connect at all till loaded patch from support and manual registry changes - then all OK. The original install didnt even offer enough settings to even come close to working. Could be similar for you ?

Steve

The agent is trying to query the SCM for the status of your SQL server. It probably fails because the user does not have rights to query the SCM. If the job is running on the same machine as the ARCserve manager, you may want to change Job Engine to log on as Administrator. For remote jobs, change the Backup RPC Server to log on as Administrator. Also, make sure you are running sp4. There may be fixes in there that help.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back