Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed test twice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

InDenial

Technical User
Aug 1, 2003
NL
I am kind of embarresed. I did the bcran test twice last week and both times I failed. The result is that my ccna is no longer valid. (it ended last friday)

My question now is.. Can I keep on taking the ccnp tests although I my ccna is no longer valid?.. Will it only result in not getting my ccnp certificate untill I redo the ccna?

InDenial
CCNA, BCMSN.

You can't receive a valid CCNP certification until you have completed all exams required for CCNP plus having a active CCNA, so you will need to sit for the CCNA even if you have passed all the CCNP exams, since your CCNA is no longer valid.

Also, what version of the switching exam did you pass, 640-60x or was it the newer 642-8xx series? If you passed the 642-8xx series switching exam, your CCNA will renew at that point (recent change in cisco policy resulted in this).

dogbert2,

I passed the old one... That's why I needed to pass this bcran exam to save my ccna... oh well.. thanks for the info all..

InDenial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back