Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemps37

MIS
Sep 20, 2006
CA
What % of a job has to fail in order to get a failed job status, compared to a incomplete? I have end user backup jobs and sometimes people don't leave there computer on at night so they can't backup, so that part fails. To me this is fine, because I know its not my doing, but when the boss looks at the FAILED in big bold red letters it gets him on my case lol. so whats the %? 20 30 40%?

Im taking a total stab at this here, but from what I've observed in the job logs, the difference between incomplete and failed is this:

Let's say one session backs up most of the stuff but has a couple of open file/sharing errors.

That is an Incomplete.

If you have authentication problems, or as you said, a node cannot be accessed because it is powered off, then nothing was backed up for that session. i.e. Failed.

I may be completely off here, but this is the logic as I understand it to be.

Makes sense to me now. Doesn't help me with da boss tho lol.

Thanks Much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back