Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

failed schedule backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickarie

MIS
Mar 6, 2002
US
Our server is a window 2000 SPK 4. Backup version: 9.1 with SQL agent. No Exchange.
I have checked the support files, but still can figure this out. Backup runs with no errors if run from job monitor manually or schedule to run 30 minutes later with the same logon account (system account administrator). But the same job is schedule to run after hrs. (10:pm) would fail. Veritas say it is user permission problem. What I do not understand is how it run manually (run now option) or schedule 1 hr later, but it would fail if it run later at night. Any how the account used is the same. I have checked the data base and went as far as reinstalling the BackupExec (with all new updates). This is an ongoing problem. I tried different logon account some times it would run for few days and then fails again.
I get different errors
Unable to attach to one of the drives
Access denied
But Unable to attach to one the drives is most recent one.
Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back