Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FAILED CallPilot installation 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NARSBARS

Technical User
Nov 20, 2002
US
My vendor just spent two weeks trying to install a CP on a Succession 3.0 81. The end result is that there was no audio coming out of the CPilot. Nortel is shipping a new one.

Has anyone had a similar problem? I am upgrading to 5.0 on the PBX but I wanted to separate the installations for just this reason. I can not shut down a hospital for an 'oops!" or that will be fixed in the next patch.

NARSBARS

NARSBARS...when you say no audio is the callpilot up

NARSBARS..when you say no audio coming out of callpilot
was callpilot up a running?did your vendor try to
re-image the drive?i have never heard of this before
now.what type of serer are they trying to install?

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

The CPilot was up. Everything worked well except no voice.
They re imaged the drive, did a sysload on the switch.
Finally they brought up an 11 and loaded a matching software/revision level and the CPilot still would not put out any audio. I am hoping (and the vendor) that this is a bad CPilot rather than a Succession 3.0 conflict.

They have to fix it, as Nortel engineered it to work and guaranteed compatibility with 3.0, so no real worries. I just look a bit foolish with the install running a month late.

NARSBARS

NARSBARS....i have to ask this question did they load
the language prompts?

strmwalker

The loaded "languages" I don't know if that means that they loaded the prompts.

NARSBARS

NARSBARS...is callpilot up now and if so can you go
in on the server and look at what peps you have installed
and what type of callpilot server and what release are you.

strmwalker

Try reloading the languages, or just the main one as a test. When you dial in and get silence is a channel going busy on the callpilot channel monitor. are all the channels on the cards in the Media gateway Idle Loggin (ALOG yes on the ACD queue).

Also try an analogue/digital (TDM) set in the same Media Gateway as the Callpilot and rule out the IP side of the succession.

Loaded several languages, channels were showing busy on monitor, and ALOG\Yes

Did not try and analog set in the Media Gateway but I would think the swap to the option 11 would have ruled that out?

NARSBARS

NARSBARS...these are the packages need for callpilot
41,46,214,215,218,247,324,364,254.package 324 has the
following dependencies 77,153,164,242,243,296.

strmwalker

Thanks strmwalker,
I was hopeful, but I have all the packages.

NARSBARS

Still not sure what type of server this is....201i etc?

99 times out of 100 no audio is language related.

As mentioned though it sounds small and really not a big player, the languages installed can be a huge issue.
Your CP came with Licenses with one or a few languages. You cannot stray from that. So say your package came with English and Spanish, you can't add English, Spanish, and Portaguese (sp?) They have to match.
I had an issue doing a CP upgrade, and spent a LONG night trying to figure out why the upgrade wouldn't work. ETAS, and Nortel got involved, the problem was isolated to the languages. We tried to install an extra one instead of the 2 that were previously installed.
CP does work with 3.0. I had it at my previous job..
Good Luck

NARSBARS...you said the callpilot channels are busy
are you sure the vendor programmed the callpilot
agents and if so can you post one them so we can look
at the programming and what type of callpilot server
do you have?

strmwalker

1005R

I don't have access today and the CPilot is being replaced this week.

I will do a follow up on the outcome. I am learning the CP but the common theme seems to be (I can be trained) that any language problem can be the cause. I won't lean over the techs shoulder, but as soon as the replacement is brought in I will look for all of the suggestions that have been brought up.

That is my face saving way of saying that it looks like I have too much to learn on the CPilot to be effective in trouble shooting an installation.

NARSBARS

How many media cards do you have? I would check to make sure the amphenol connectors are plugged into the correct slot on the back of the IPE module.

If you have loaded languages and it still doesn't work, this might solve your problem.

You could reimage the Server and try a fresh installation, but I would be willing to bet it's a physical issue.

I have installed dozens of the new 1005r servers and I have never had an issue, that I didn't create. They are pretty solid state.

I did have a technician that was not getting any audio and I told him to check the connections and he was off one, but they only had one Media Card.

Hope this helps. If you have time, take the installtion book and go step by step to see what might be missing. The NTP is pretty spot on with the new release.

John

janaya,
A 2nd star, and a Happy New Year!

I will let you know what the problem was.

NARSBARS

I have heard of this one time before. The languages were being loaded from a mapped network drive instead of from a local scsi drive. As soon as the vendor used a scsi cd drive the problem was fixed. Don't know why, but it worked.

Bad Nortel Documentation. All the so called engineers read the same instructions. My vendor tried a guess and it worked.
Nortel said "oops".

NARSBARS

What was the Oops? I have installed hundreds of these with no problem following the documentation. Of course I have been working with CallPilot since 1.05.07. Lots of changes for the better since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back