Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

failed backing up public folders in exchange server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadwing

Technical User
Dec 25, 2006
IL
The log shows something like "cannot enumerate successfully public folder __ " .

In my envoirment, there are several exchange servers.
When I looked at the xch server, the one that netbackup backs up, there's a tree of public folders above all the xch servers that exist. I think that tree shows only the public folders that are shared, because if looking on that specific xch server, these public folder are not shown.
They are only shown on the xch servers where they have been created - replicated to their own server.

My question is what can be done in order to make the backup successful? is there any way to exclude those public folders?

Thanks ahead,
Liz.

My

You don't want to exclude them, because you never know who's going to request a restore of data that was in the public folders.

Make sure the policy type is set to MS-Exchange

The file list should be as follows

Microsoft Exchange Public Folders:\

Do your regular mailbox and information store backups work?

Ryan

Hi ryan,
The policy that was set is MS-exchange and the file list is also as you've said.
The regular mailbox and information store backups works.
Still, the public folders backup fails (some of the public folders, not all of them).

I think excluding them might work. It's ok if i'll do that, because in each exchange server I have (around 10 servers), there's backup exec running. The public folders that failed aren't located in that exchange server that netbackup tries to backup. They are replicated to their own server (where created) and shared - hence, netbackup tries to backup them and fails.

What should I do anyway?

I'm not sure and I don't want to lead you down the wrong path.

I'd contact Veritas support on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back