Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed 70-294 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebully

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2005
GB
I failed 70-294 yesterday. [sadeyes]

My fault as I didn't study enough and instead of doing last minute revision over the weekend I spent the weekend drinking with friends instead [shadessad] [thumbsdown]

Anyway I got 491 but I think I shouldn't have taken it yet as I haven't had much motivation lately to study.

One thing annoyed me though I think I would have scored higher but just when I was about to start the exam the test centre guy took me outside the room and told me that another guy in there was taking 70-294 and that his test crashed on the review screen right at the end. He said the test had gone onto another database and tech support couldn't help so the guy had to restart the exam just after finishing it! He said I should try not to use the review screen and just do each question first time and then finish the exam without reviewing as it was very likely to crash if I did.

I normally use the review feature extensively as I tend make a quick guess at the questions that require more thought and go back to them at the end. I also like to review each question quickly just to check for simple mistakes and find its better to tackle some questions once my brain is warmed up.

Anyway my fault on the fail but methinks I shouldn't have to be worrying about bugs in the test software causing me to have to retake the exam again and preventing me from reviewing my answers. I did notice the exam room was boiling hot so that could have been causing the boxes to crash.

TBH the guy said he was only warning me about the review page and that it was up to me but after sitting in the exam for 2 and a half hours I didn't want to risk having to sit for the same again. ;)

I'm just glad I have been able to book my next attempt in a months time with my second shot voucher :)

The Bully - A+ Network+ Server+ Linux+ Security+ MCSA 2003 Server

Not meaning to sound harsh but... well if you didn't prepare you shouldn't have booked it. As far as the review section goes.. most of the time you have to go with your gut, you either know the right answer or you don't, if you change an answer during the review stage and fail the exam chances are you will always wonder 'what if' with regards to the changed answer.

As far as 491 goes, well again not meaning to sound harsh, no amount of reviewing would have changed the fail mate.

In all honesty you know what you did wrong, learn from it and move on.

Good luck for the next time.

Simon

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

Hopefully you were using Second Shot so you get the free retake. If not, I HIGHLY recommend registering for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back