Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed 297. VERY different than the other tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanMIS

MIS
Sep 16, 2004
US
I failed 70-297 last night. I passed all other MS tests on the first try, and this one was set up very different. Instead of having 2 hours or so to answer 40+ questions, you had 20 or so minutes to read a scenario, then answer 5 or 6 questions, review them and move on.

I am used to taking a first pass at the questions then going back for the more difficult ones. In this case you can't do that.

If you're getting ready for this one, don't underestimate the challenge of the different style of questions.

I'll retake it for free next week (thanks MS for that "Second Chance" promotion!).

Dan

CCA Citrix 4.0
MCSA: Messaging 2003
293 - passed
294 - passed

DanMIS,

I took 70-298 a few months ago. Different subject matter, same style of questions.

For what it's worth, I skimmed over the info that was presented for each scenario, and then when I got a specific question, I went back to the relevant part of the info to find what was required.

Different style, indeed. Good luck with the retake!

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSE: Security 2003

Yeah the design exams are a different format and you really should do some practice ones first to get used to them. The design exams were also the only MCSE exams I ever wrote anything down for - they put so much "fluff" into the scenario description you really need to lay out the topology of what's going on (branch offices, domain/forest structure) etc. Otherwise you just get confused and start assuming things that aren't true.

Retook it today and passed. MCSE complete!

Thanks for the advice Wishdiak, it helped.

Dan

CCA Citrix 4.0
293 - passed
294 - passed

Somewhat. I used them to review at the end of my studying.

The simulations were helpful, and I used them for 290 and 291 for the lessons on certificates and GPO's as we don't use that much at work. I work on servers for a job so a lot of the other stuff was not as new.

For later tests it was mostly good for final reviews. I didn't use it for the 297 exam at all.

CCA Citrix 4.0
MCSE 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back