Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fail to convert Microsoft Publisher files to PageMaker files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisol

Programmer
Mar 1, 2002
MY
PageMaker 7.0 says it can convert Microsoft Publisher files. PageMaker converter fails to convert any of my Microsoft Publisher2003 files. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

The "converter supports documents created originally in Microsoft Publisher 2000". You might want to check the Adobe site:
and the help file with the converter. There are probably some features in Publisher 2003 that are not supported.
I don't know if you can back save Publisher down to Publisher 2000.
Dave

That's right, onewrite.

In fact saving back to MSPub2000 might not be enough. It may be necessary to actually open the saved-back file in MSPub2000 and re-saved using MSPub2000.

Assuming that you can convert the MSPub file, you will still need to do a lot of work to get the file into some sort of order. Remember MSPub users often use metafiles and Insert Object (e.g. WordArt), neither of which sit happily with PM. However, there probably won't be a font problem unless you have uninstalled Jokerman and Comic Sans!

Many people end up recreating the document by importing the (raw) text and re-formating the images to TIFF or EPS using PhS or Illustrator/Corel Draw.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Thanks for the information.
Huh! I didn't expect it to be this tough.

Heres a workaround . . . as long as you don't have to edit it

create pdfs out of publisher and place them in pmaker

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back