Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

faded, washed appearance with horizontal streaks appearing across the

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgespi

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
My monitor suddenly experienced a faded, washed appearance with horizontal streaks appearing across the entire screen on all text and banners. Condition is the same for display of all files in any software. This is not a hardware problem, I'm ashamed to say this happened about a year ago and can't remember the "fix" for the life of me. I've tried the obvious control panel and tweak adjustments and MS knowledge base, etc., on my 98se machine.
Thanks

Have you set the color level to 16 or 32 bit? If so, this really sounds like a vga adapter gone bad. Swap it out if you have another, just as a test.

Matt J.

Sounds like the monitor could be bad, But if too high a refresh rate were set this could cause the problem. Change the refresh to 60hz and see what effect that has.

If you're going through Hell...keep going... (Winston Churchill)
RocKeRFelLerZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back