Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Faded photograph repair 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telephoto

Technical User
Nov 3, 2002
GB
Hi Guys.

I have been sent a scan of a colour photograph which has been left in the sun too long.

Basic corrections like levels are no problem, but the red content has totally faded, so selective red enhancement is not possible. It could be redone as a monochrome print using the cyan channel but as there are faces in the picture it would be great if these could be coloured in, any ideas please?

Telephoto

The simplest way is to create a new fill layer (solid color), use the color picker to set the approximate color, set the transparency to "Color", click on the mask and clear or erase the areas you don't want to color. Do this for each color you want to add.

I'm sure there are plugins that would make the process seem more enjoyable... but this is probably the most straightforward, nondestructive, controllable method.

Add water (makes its own sauce).

Thanks Alt255. It did what I was trying to do, but still looks artificial.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back