Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Facts in Prolog

Status
Not open for further replies.

4L

Technical User
May 19, 2012
PT
Hi guys,

My background is not in Computer Science and I´m curious about the thin red line between Model Theory and Interpretation on one side, and Proof Theory on the other side, combining alltogether in Prolog. The same is to say between one Deduction Theory and the notion, again, of one symbolic interpretation.
There is this circumsntace in Prolog that for whichever fact asked, you can answer back with a final period dot and, even though, non standard, that is a Prolog Fact, reason itself for you to be risky trying out other symbolic declarations.
I´ll post more questionnaires and doubts of the type, but for the case, let´s imagine the so muhc philosophical statement "Something is more than nothing."
I´ve sketched out some answers and I would appreciate your impression and ideas about it

Answers:

is_more_than_nothing(something). %or%
+(1,0). %or%
more_than(something, nothing). %or%
something _is_more_than_nothing. %or%
mod(1,1,0). %or%
^(0,(=<1)). %or%
derivable(N, 0). %or%
s(0,1). %or%
a(a +0).

Thanks in advance, I´m curious

Status