Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

factory reset - Office Connect ISDN LAN Modem (S/T)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellboy

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2001
GB
I am trying to perform a factory reset on the Office Connect ISDN LAN Modem (S/T). The 3Com knowledge base/support site, which I must say is very good, instructs me to plug in an analogue phone and dial **3266#

The only problem with this is that a UK phone 'jack' does not fit and I have therefore had to swop the standard cable for a modem cable. I don't think there should be a problem with this as both cables are analogue.

I have tried to repeat the process numerous times but without success it would appear. The 3Com site states that configuring the LAN Modem should be performed from a single PC (once the factory reset has been performed) and also implies that the LAN Modem will assign a DHCP address so that the LAN Modem can be administered via a web page.

I have not managed to connect to the LAN Modem and it would not appear to be asssigning DHCP as the client is not picking up an IP address, therefore I cannot configure the LAN Modem and it all points back to the fact that the factory reset is not working.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back