Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FAC from group off site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMcDermott

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2002
US
Please bear with me, as it's been a while sinece I've worked with this system, and cannot recall the correct terms...

have a Call Answer Group(?) where incoming calls to a particular department DID (999)-555-1212 rings on 5 stations simultaneously. Any of the 5 can pick up the call. At the moment, after 5 rings, forwards to main receptionist.

1 - Would like to be able to change it to forward to an off-site number rather than the receptionist when needed (e.g. closed office).

2 - Would like to be able to make the change from the station itslef rather than through the console.

Are these possible?

Definity G3si R8 i believe

thanks in advance

Hrmmm... Definately more than one way to skin a cat with this one.

I assume your DID is an actual station with a cover anser group. the cover answer group is used in a coverage path. Depending on if you have the sytem option or not, you could set up a FAC to change the coverage path # on the station. Just build a second coverage path and put on on the station form. Then use the Change Coverage Access Code to change which coverage path the station is pointed to.

OR

Change your DID to a VDN and route calls to a station with the coverage answer group during normal business hours, and another place after hours.

OR

use the same vdn idea, instead of time of day routing us a variable in the vector and change which way its routed based on the variable. (this assumes you have a rev high enough to use variables)(if you dont have variables you could to the same thing based on a fake agent being logged in).

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back