Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

F&H drives won't map until I login a 2nd time -4.83sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTingles

IS-IT--Management
Sep 2, 2004
US
I get login script errors on boot.

LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-890: The specified server is unknown.
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed.
The error code was 8884.

I get this for the F&H drives when i boot up. If i look in my computer and check out the mappings, all my other drive mappings are fine ( R, S, T, ect...) but f&H are not there.

Check this out...if i open up the netware login a 2nd time after i have logged into windows, i can successfully login and the mappings are all correct, and i get no errors!
And if i look in my computer, the f&H mappings are there

This is happening on multiple new Dell Optiplex GX280 workstations loaded with windows xp pro, sp1, & Novell 4.83sp2. The pc's i have tested are different configurations as far as hard drives. my pc has 2 hdd's & a cdrw. I have seen it happen on pc's with 1 hdd and 1 cdrw as well.

I just want these to map correctly the 1st time.
Any ideas?

As a temporary measure, you could replace the server name in the login script with the server IP address:

eg: SERVER1/SYS: would become 192.168.1.1/SYS

If you go to and search for "error 8884", some suggestions on the cause can be found.

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back