Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ez Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chjppie

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
MD
I am having difficulty logging on more than one Ez Attendant on an iPECS 50B. As soon as I log on the second Ez Attendant it cancels / affects the operation of the first one. Ez Attendant ver 3.5Ab - MFIM GS93M-50Ed. Could you take a look and see if you have a similar issue.

As ez Attendants need licenses for each ez user, you need to check the number of licenses.
Check the license file under System Management,Appliances Control and Lock Key Install.
Or you can use the [TRANS/PGM] + 7* to see the licenses from any keyset or LIP phone.

///doktor

We are using the Demo unlock Key so in theory we should be able to handle four Ez Attendants... Could you try something and see that if one runs a tenanted board we may be able to do even more than four. If it works... it would be great, there are some very useful features we can put into action.

Did you check this:
Has the 2 attendants been programmed in PGM164 and the station numbers of the Attendant has been written in the ez Attendant program under Setting/Option /Setting?
Has the IP address of the MFIM has been selected and written also in the ez Attendant program under Setting/Option /Setting?
Finally, has the "LIK-100 office" has been selected in the ez Attendant program under Setting/Option /Setting?

Do you have the technical docs?
Otherwise search here:

///doktor

Yes, on both accounts. We run an iPECS 50B at our office. We are able to log on with both Ez Attendants however when we log on the second one it "cuts off, cancels, affects the operation" (for want of a better technical description) of the first one.

We have all the technical documentation supplied by our National LG Dealer, thank you. Something to note which is different with the Ez Attendant and Ipecs is that there is only one unlock code required and then you can run up to 4 Ez Attendants.

In theory, if you tenant the switch... say 3 ways then one could get to run 12 Ez Attendants. This has not been tried by our national supplier however. It seems unbelievable but we have read our sales documentation very carefully and have questioned national supplier and they do not disagree with us. (just waiting for them to confirm that it can be done).

When log in your 2nd Ez Att.
Does appear LogOn fail pop-up window?
this indicate cause of failure

No, there are no error messages that appear, Say Ez Attendant 1 = (EA1) and Ez Attendant 2 = (EA2);

If EA1 is logged on and working
--> and then EA2 logs on
--> no error message appears on EA1... all visual indication continues i.e. updating on busy lamps etc; but when I click on an extension there is no response with EA1.
--> and EA2 continues to work.
--> If I then log off and log back on to EA1 it will work and EA2 will go into the same faulty state the EA1 had before.

I believe that this is a software bug however I do not have another iPECS system to dupliate the fault.

Found the problem. I was running both Phonetage and Ez Attendant from the same PC and installed two versions of winPcap 3.1 with Ez Attendant and 4.02 with Phonetage.

I uninstalled both applications (Ez Attendant and Phonetage) together with both versions of WinPcap. I did this on both PC's. I re-installed Ez Attendant on both PCs and logged on to the iPECS (with the Demo Key enabled).

And it works well. Small problem on the tenanted Attendants none of the stations display in the station field... This has already been logged with LG.

Hot Tip!!! Press Ctrl + G and the bottom right window will display "Show Group Call Information" this is really useful with all the information it displays.

Thanks for your feedback Doktor and Morenot!

With some minor mods I believe that LG could re-brand this product as the enhanced Soft Phone. It is easy to install and once you spend a little time with the phonebook fields it displays info which will spin your wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back