Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eyedropper tool to sample colour from a Linked TIF file in Ill 10 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

annadesigner

Technical User
Mar 14, 2005
GB
hi,
just changed to Illustrator 10 and seem not to be able to sample colours direct from a linked CMYK TIF image file anymore...

probably something really simple I'm not doing right - but can't work it out.

Anyone got a suggestion?

I've tried bringing the object to the front but still no colour sample...

cheers
anna

Double click the eyedropper tool to get its setting and click on what you want it to pick up.

While you're setting things up, you might want to couble click the magic wand and set that up too, if you use it.

thanks guys -

and so bloomin quick too - fantastic.

xx

incidentally jmgalvin -
remember I had that font issue in Illustrator 8.0; had some strange "ghost" font names appearing in my font listings changing all roman type into italics and not allowing me to use the true font?... well we never did manage to resolve it - but of course it's all worked itself out with Illustrator 10. Problem completely disappeared. All fonts appearing right and working perfectly.

Just thought I'd let you know.

thanks again.
anna

Yeah! I do remember that 'cause it was so odd - the font that didn't exist yet showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back