Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extreme x450e-24p not working after power outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medpro

Technical User
Mar 22, 2013
US
Hello all,

I am new to the Extreme switch community. we have 2 switches connected together via the console port, we recently had a power outage and none of the ports were communicating. The MGMT light was steady blinking green which I understand is the switch passed its POST test and is working. However no data is being transmitted. These switches are connected via fiber back to our Avaya servers. The only thing plugged into switch A is a laptop we us to do maint on the Avaya PBX. I did a power pull on switch B and waited 10 seconds and plugged it back up, all ports starting talking; however they all went down again. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to see if we may have an issue with the Extreme?? The console ports are looped together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back