Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extreme Summit x250

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmarrazzo

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2013
US
Hello, I am new to Extreme and just acquired a used x250. When I console in it says that "System is in trial for 30 day(s) and this will expire in 24 day(s)". What does this mean exactly?

Thanks
Mike

I think it means someone has activated a trial license. What do you get from the command 'show license'?

Andy

I have looked a little further and a show license shows a trial license only

Does that mean the switch will stop working at the end of the trial or just some extra features?

I am unclear if there is a license that needs to be installed for the basic edge features.

Thanks for your response.

Mike

I can't see the attachment however the output from the 'show license' should show whether its 'Edge', 'Advanced Edge' or 'Core'. By default they ship with the 'Edge license and there is a debug command you can enter to enable the 'Advanced Edge' license for a trial period.

Andy

Here is what it shows....

Enabled License Level:
30 days Trial - expires in 18 days
X250e-48p.2 # sh version
Switch : 800214-00-02 0723G-02853 Rev 2.0 BootROM: 1.0.3.5 IMG: 12.4.4.10

Image : ExtremeXOS version 12.4.4.10 v1244b10 by release-manager
on Fri May 6 11:04:53 PDT 2011
BootROM : 1.0.3.5
X250e-48p.3 #

I have an x250e-24p with an Advanced Edge license and this is what the output from the command 'show license' shows:
Code:
Slot-1 X250-24p.2 # sho licenses
Enabled License Level:
        Advanced Edge
Enabled Feature Packs:
        None
Effective License Level:
        Advanced Edge
Slot-1 X250-24p.3 #
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.