Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extreme Summit x250 24 port issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaUser74

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2006
US
Hey guys,

I was sent an extreme switch today (Summit Extreme x250e-24t) as it stop operating per my customer. When I plug it in the MGMT light starts blinking green immediately and does not stop (For the 2 and a half hours I let it go).

I plugged a terminal cable in and I get no response from it.

Any ideas on factory defaulting or even getting the device to respond? Or do I have a brick at the moment?

Thanks!

If you are connected to the console and reboot it, do you see the POST messages? If so, when you see the boot ROM section startup you can hold the spacebar down and it will go into the shell where you can blow away the config and see if that works for defaulting it. It sounds like the software is hosed, but I could be wrong.

Hi....

I have the same issue..... I´m connected by console, and at the hyperterminal, it doesn´t show anything form the switch, the model is a summit x250e-48p, please help..... how can i fix it???? :S I´m worried to lost my job!

It seems a hardware problem. In Brazil we pay around $ 340.00 to solve that.

Claudio.

oClaudioX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back