Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extreme stack and DHCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImMrH

MIS
Dec 3, 2012
US
I have 2 new extreme summit x450-48p switches. when I boot my ip phones that are connected to the stack they do not get an ip address. If I tell the phones what vlan to look on then they get an address but they should figure out what vlan they are on automaticly. My DHCP settings include the Avaya 242 string and all setting apear to be correct. Extreme tells me that the stack is functioning normaly. We had this problen several months ago but nobody remembers what the fix was. I am open to any and all ideas, and I've only got 3 days to figure it out. Thanks in advance

Do you have dhcp relay configured on the Voice VLAN?

Does it work if you plug a phone into a port which is untagged on voice vlan only?

It would be worth setting up a mirror to a port, plugging in a phone, and then observing the traffic in a wireshark trace

'When all else fails.......read the manual'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back