Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extreme 3d & Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Programmer
Aug 28, 1999
US
I'm trying to create a picture of a bomb (like in the Extreme 3D2 book) in Extreme 3D2. I then want to take the bomb I created in Extreme 3D2 and put it into picture i've snapped from a digital camera in photoshop 4.0. My problem is I don't know how to make the background of the bomb transparent. <br>
<br>
Can anyone help?<br>
<br>
thanks,<br>
<br>
scott

in e3d, save bomb as a single frame jpeg or gif image, take it into photoshop, select the portion of the image that you want ie: the bomb, then copy & paste into still photo. ezy.<br>
<br>
will that solve your problem, or is there something I'm missing?

If his explaination seems a little too 'cockey' to understand. What he means is:
Export the bomb as a single frame JPG, (because you get a better quality image, and it's easier to work with hi-res.)
NOTE: it's important to use a simalar colour background on the bomb as the main colour in the picture you are putting the bomb on to.

Next, Open the Jpg in Photoshop and on the layers pannel, drag the layer with the bomb on it on to the &quot;new layer&quot; button. This will make a copy of the bomb so that the origional is still in the bacground. Use your &quot;magic wand&quot; tool to select the solid background colour around the bomb.

Hit delete and drag the bomb onto your other picture, there should now be a new layer over the top of your other picture with the bomb on it.

rob@sovereign2k.com

hey.. i agre with marl...
only thing i may do on top of that is (depending on res. and image size) feather 1 or 2 pixels before you delete..... this sioftens edges up a pinch....
zoom in close and watch how much you're deleting...
if if feather 1 pixel.. and 1 delete doesn't quite do it.. hit delete again..you'll see it'll take some of the 'hard edge' off and not cut into the graphic too much....

mantis
GB<><

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back