Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extranet access client - silent install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2005
US
We have to setup a ton of computers all with Extranet Access Client. The entire setup is double click the setup and next next next next all the way through. Is there any switch to do this silently? The file I am working with is eac501d.exe the problem is I do a /? in there and it gives me no information. If I try /s then I get the prompt but then get no screens afterwards and a reboot shows nothing extra added and nothing is listed in the process lists.

Anyone know of any command line switches to make this install without prompting? I don't need it entirely unseen I just need it automated without third party tools like auto-it and things like that.

try vbscript sendkeys. You would essentially use a vbscript to create a fs object, call the exe, then send however many {enter} keys you need to get through the defaults.

Here's a little article I found which probably has enough detail to work from this to get a solution.

I would be able totoss together a vb scrip easily but I do know I just hate sendkeys its too flakey and really is dependant upon how its ran. I don't want to think I can trust the people running what i am setting up to not take the window from the forefront or something like that.Also I have noticed a few issues with machines that may have delays and things of that nature as well.

While I appreciate the idea its not the solution I am looking for. Anyone know of some switches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back