Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extractor process fails while creating Ent Data source (Search admin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stvalluri

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2004
US
The EDS creation fails during Enterprise Extractor process in a 9.1 sp3 solaris - clustered environment.
------------------------------
The error in UI :
indexupdate -config /app/livelink/llprod/config/opentext.ini -writeipool file:///llindex/enterprise/data_flow -writearea %dd

The invalid portion of the command line is marked in red.

----------------

The error in logs:- Failed to create ipool directory
-------------

The %dd is a placeholder for the ipool directory name which does not get substituted.

I have verified the permissions, space on the index location. Other directories like data_flow have been created with the same unix app user.

Does anyone have a clue why the creation of the floder (eg 14544_0) fails.

thanks
regards
SValluri

Unfortunately I posted some info relating to 9.5 in your yahoo thread.Now in 9.1 or any livelink system problems with the search/indexing system creeps up when you are using a restored DB.Is that the case .Have you done the stuff that usually needs to happen when you configure search from scratch based on a restored DB.I am referring to Bhupinder's KB article

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back