Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extracting information from a .imr file

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParallaxMaster

Technical User
Jan 10, 2012
US
I have a large number of simple list type of reports in Impromptu 7.1. I discovered today that support for Impromptu 7.1 (by the enterprise) has been removed. They adopted Cognos 8 BI, and have cut over to that before I had a chance to recreate my scripts in 8 BI. Now since one cannot open a .imr file without connecting to the database first. I can't even copy and save the structure, my filters, or the Cognos-generated SQL. So I would be starting from scratch.

Does anyone know of a tool or a way to extract the query information from a .imr file? I'm probably asking for a miracle, but I have to try.

Please disregard. I found that I can obtain Impromptu 7.4, which solves my problem until I convert everything to COGNOS 8 BI.

Congrats. But be aware converting Cognos 7 definitions to Cognos 8/10 means a LOT more than a conversion step!!

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back