Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extracting Data to MS Excel thro ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnzy

Programmer
Sep 15, 2005
US
Hi All,

I am trying to import data into Excel using the AR Systen ODBC data source.

Have used a Parameter Query . The Query runs fine in MS Query, But when I say Return data to Excel ,it Gives an error " driver]parameter missing"

Kindly help in solving this problem.

Regards,
John C

John,

Have you received any help? I'm having a similar problem; however, when I try to test the connect I get this error:

Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Driver]Cannot open catalog; Message Number = 90.

I know I'm not really helping you, but was hoping you had some feedback that might help me!

If I get anywhere, I'll post what worked, it may end up helping you.
Robert

Hi Robert,

After spending lots of time trying to make the Parameter Query work with remedy , I realized that Excel's parameter query does not support extraction of data from Remedy's oracle database.

I wrote a excel macro which connects to the database and fetch the data based on the sql query.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
John C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back