Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extracting Current Data from a History File

Status
Not open for further replies.

benesch

Technical User
Apr 19, 2001
US
Hi:

I am trying to create a subset from a table that contains
historical data for bed transactions for all Long Term Care facilities (e.g. Nursing homes, Assisted Living, Adult Day Care) in a state. The following are the relevant fields from this historical Bed Detail table, a brief description, the data type, and field length:

1) BEDSUMMARYID Unique identifier for each bed transaction Number(Double) Size=8

2) FACILITY_INTERNAL_ID Uniques identifier for each facility Number(Long) Size=4

3) BEDTYPE Code that identifies the type of bed (e.g. Assisted Living, Residential)

4) BEDDESC Verbal description corresponding to the codes in field BEDTYPE

5) BEDEFFECT Effective date of bed transaction (e.g. adding, deleting, changing type of bed (e.g. facility decides to convert Residential Beds to Comprehensive Personal health Care beds))

6) LIC Number of Licensed Beds in each category

I would like to create a dynaset containing only current records (in other words, there should only be one record for each combination of fields FACILITY_INTERNAL_ID and BEDTYPE, and in cases in which there are multiple records for this combination in the current table, I would like to save the record containing the most recent date (field: BEDEFFECT). This dynaset would enable me to produce list and summary reports detailing the current mix of Bed Types.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back