Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extract Zip files w/o components

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniCog

Programmer
Jan 23, 2004
CA
Is there something I can use to just extract the contents of a zip into a temp folder without having to install any components?

I use WinZip.

This is meant as a serious suggestion. There is a command line interface to WinZip and I call it using ShellExecute from my Delphi program to create zip files. I am sure that one can unzip zip files as well.

But I would be interested to know of any other solutions. What is the objection to using components?

Andrew
Hampshire, UK

I do not like installing random components unless I absolutely have to, and only on large projects. The project I am working on is small and the feature is not absolutely necessary.

I've manipulated zip archives with PHP, and which only required me to include a small 18 kb file to my project, I was wondering if there are any similiar solutions.

I am currently using PKZip in a similiar fashion, but I like your suggestion because all my users would have winzip and I wouldn't have to distribute the PKZip executable.

Is there any other solutions?

TIA

I've come accross abbrevia a couple times before, but the amount of files blew me away because I was just expecting a few .pas files.

I finally folded and instaled the thing, and now im just looking at the demos.

Thanks for all the feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back