Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extract URL Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

osx99

Technical User
Apr 9, 2003
GB
I have a macro which extracts data from the racing post website - basically most of the info I get is either picked up in the source html code or can be extracted into excel

They are now beta testing a new website
Most of the data I need (eg. URL links) doesn't appear in the source html code directly anymore

Can anyone give me some pointers on how this new site works and how best to extract data from their new website. The URLS are visible when my mouse is over them but I can't find a way to extract them either into excel using a webquery or from source?

Ideally I need to extract the at a glance card with post data

Thanks for anyone willing to have a look :)

See if they publish any feeds or have an API which you can use to get the data legitimately.

I don't know what you are doing with the extracted data but take a look at point 2.1 of their terms and conditions of use.
If you are using the data scraped from their site for anything other than personal use you are quite probably in breach of those terms.

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

It is definitely personal use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back