Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extract pages from pdf file by contract name

Status
Not open for further replies.

abenitez77

IS-IT--Management
Oct 18, 2007
US
I have about 1,000 pdf files and each file has about 50 pages. I want to split/extract the pages out of each file onto it’s own file (should be 1-3 pages). The pdf file contains Contract Name. I want the file to print every time it finds a new contract name. It is usually 1 contract per page, but some contract may have up to 3 pages (could be more but that is what I found so far). How can i do this? I have adobe acrobat and ms office 2010. I’m very familiar with vba but I am open to doing it with another language /technology. Any help is appreciated.

Is there some sort of tagging of data within the file, to identify the text string of the new contract name? Are there bookmarks for each contract? That's the only way scripting/programming could help.

With elbow grease, you can select the page thumbnails for a given contract and drag them to a Windows Explorer window. That will generate a file called "Untitled Extract Pages.pdf". Rename the file and repeat the action in Acrobat for the next contract.

No bookmarks on the file that I am aware of. What is a tag? there are labels "Contract Name" to the left of the actual contract name. Is that what you mean?

test_yplttu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back