Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extract Informix Data into MySQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatX

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2002
ZA
Scenario: I have an Informix 7 DB, which holds statistical call centre data, hosted on a Sun workstation. I have set up a MySQL 4.0.12 DB on a Win2K Server machine. I have Openlink ODBC drivers for the Informix DB. There is a particular table on the Informix DB which holds very useful call data, but which FIFO's after 5000 records (usually about half a day's traffic). There might be more than one record per call centre event; each event has a unique ID which can span multiple records (ie. in the event of a call transfer).

Requirement: I'd like to extract this data into the MySQL DB so that I can start building reports to display dailly traffic stats on our Intranet (IIS 5 / PHP 4.3.1). I have no idea of how to go about getting the data between the two databases, though - I'd like to try something more elegant than text file exports and which can run automatically, maybe hourly. Any ideas / pointers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I don't think you have got many more options than the "not elegant' one.

Bye

Qatqat The reason why my girlfriend can read my thoughts is because mine are properly written! (G.Lepore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back