Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extra.System detecting incorrect attachmate application

Status
Not open for further replies.

warhead92100

Technical User
Nov 3, 2014
CA
hi

we have multiple attachmate systems installed. and we're trying to detect an open Extra! X-treme but vba (Extra.System) keeps referring to Reflection 2008 even though it is closed.

I'm using the standard code which works for Extra! and Reflections but not for Extra! X-treme:

' Get the main system object
Dim Sessions As Object
Dim System As Object
Set System = CreateObject("EXTRA.System") ' Gets the system object
If (System Is Nothing) Then
MsgBox "Could not create the EXTRA System object. Stopping macro playback."
Stop
End If
Set Sessions = System.Sessions
If (Sessions Is Nothing) Then
MsgBox "Could not create the Sessions collection object. Stopping macro playback."
Stop
End If

' Set the default wait timeout value
g_hostsettletime = 0.0000001 ' milliseconds
OldSystemTimeout& = System.TimeoutValue
If (g_hostsettletime > OldSystemTimeout) Then
System.TimeoutValue = g_hostsettletime
End If

' Get the necessary Session Object
Dim Sess0 As Object
Set Sess0 = System.ActiveSession
If (Sess0 Is Nothing) Then
MsgBox "Could not create the Session object. Stopping macro playback."
Stop
End If
If Not Sess0.Visible Then
Sess0.Visible = True
End If
Sess0.Screen.waithostquiet (g_hostsettletime)

Does anyone have ideas on this?

Thanks!

anyone experienced this before? or has anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

My company has ALWAYS rolled out changes for all users. No mixed environment!

we're running this through citrix and have never had the problem before as well but working on one of team with extra extreme the issue has been identified. do you know the path of the extra.system?

Thanks!

been able to access C:\ in citrix environment but was not able to find "extra.system" with search function and I've tried manual search in program files. what am I missing?

Thanks!

Thanks SkipVought. I have found the Attachmate folders but there's no Extra.System in it, I googled and it seems I need admin access to set this variable. I think I'll connect with the IT department for this. Thanks again.

Check your legacy API preference. In Reflection 2014 you have to make sure that you are referencing the correct Legacy API in the Workspace or much confusion will proceed to occur.

Hi leblankenship, how can I access the legacy API?

What I did is run the script within Extra instead of Excel, however it makes distribution and maintenance more difficult so if I can tweak and revert to Excel running the codes, things will be a little easier.

Thanks!

What version of Reflection are you using? if it's Reflection 2014, go to File, Reflection Workspace Settings (at the bottom of the screen) and then in the dialog click on Set up API and Macro Security. Make sure it is set on Extra API otherwise it will get confused.

HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back