Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extra spaces appearing around items separated by <BR>; CSS problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckdesign

Technical User
Sep 21, 2001
US
I am building a blog page that uses a lot of CSS (mostly borrwed from a Blogger template that I'm adapting for my use).

For some reason I can't figure out, all of the items separated by <BR> seem to have extra space above them. At various points, I've tried troubleshooting by removing all padding, margins, and line heights; to no avail. I think the CSS is to blame, because it was fine until I pasted in some of the CSS from the prewritten blog template.

The navigation should look like it does in the rest of the site, with the left navigation packed tightly together.

Note that this problem doesn't show up in IE 5 for Mac; it shows a little in Firefox and Safari for Mac; and it's very obvious in IE 6 for Windows.

Any help will be appreciated!
The blog page is at:

-- Chuckdesign :)

I cannot see what you describe on the page. Not in Mozilla nor IE6.

I've already fixed it, thanks.

The solution was to delete the <BR>s after each button, and add this at the end of the CSS:

img {
display: block;
}

That took care of the extra spacing!

-- Chuckdesign :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back