Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extra settings code in the advanced connection in windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadd

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2004
US
i have an AOPEN 56k voice modem, and was woundering if there was a code to speed up the connection. i just built my own ASUS AMD 900mh . and my old computer a compaq i got a code to enter in the extra setting box that sped it up to the max . just curious.

Depends on what speed you're getting now.
There ARE some things that will help, but it depends on the phone line quality, modem driver version, chipset, phase of the moon, way you hold your mouth...
There is NO difinitive string that will help, but here's a few for you to try:
+MS=K56,0
+MS=V90,1,,,48000,56000
S202=32S95=1
You can combine strings as well, thus:
S202=32S95=1+MS=K56,0
If that doesn't work, do it this way:
+MS=K56,0;S202=32S95=1
No guarantees that any of these will work, but that modem does have a Rockwell/Conexant chipset, and you may like to visit my modems page... Cheers,
Jim
reboot@pcmech.com
Moderator at Staff at Windows 9x/ME instructor.
Jim's Modems:

I have Windows ME and Motorola HPI 56M internal modem(56Kbps).Frequent disconnections.Earlier same machine PCTEL internal maodem worked very well. Please help with any Extra modem Settings.Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back