Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extra record in continuous form

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarshaP

Programmer
May 4, 2001
US
I am writing an application for a nursing home environment. I have a form that allows a user to select a resident number, and all the 'incidents' for that resident are displayed. The basics of the incident (date, time, place) are displayed for each incident for that resident. The user can then click on a select button by each line to get the full details of the incident.
My problem is that there is always an extra line displayed, as if it is expecting a new record. The Allow Additions field is set to No. The form is opened in Edit Mode. I am using a Where clause, ResidentNumber="002563" or whatever. What needs to be set to get rid of this extra blank line?

You can set the AllowAdditions property of the form to No. However, you should do this programmatically if the form is used elsewhere to add records.

MarshaP said:
[blue]The [purple]Allow Additions[/purple] field is set to [purple]No[/purple].[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997

Set the AllowEdits to No will do the trick. If users are only view the data, this should not cause any issues.

tristap . . .
MarshaP said:
[blue]The Allow Additions field is set to No. [purple]The form is opened in Edit Mode.[/purple][/blue]
I don't believe [blue]MarshaP[/blue] intends read only!.

The problem is, with the [blue]Allow Additions[/blue] property set to [blue]No[/blue] an [red]add new line still exist![/red] I'm leaning towards corruption. Just waiting for more info before qualifying or looking in other directions . . .

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997

I guess I need to clarify: This screen is for inquiry only. When an incident is selected, a different screen with full details and editing capabilities is displayed. The screen I am having a problem with is inquiry only. Allow Additions, Edits, and Deletions are all set to No. If it matters, I am using Access 2002. I have deleted all the records from the table and started again with a blank table, and I am still having the issue.
I appreciate the help.

I stumbled upon the solution. The form that was opening the form in question had the ACFormOpenDataMode set to acFormEdit, which was overriding the properties on the form.

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back