Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extra mail copy to IT Department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HernanVilar

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2002
GB
Dear All:

We just rollout our first Exchange 2000SP3 Server.

We would like to find a way to receive a "extra" copy of all incoming and outgoing mails to the IT Department mailbox.

is this posible doing it once or we have to do it individually in every mailbox?

Thanks a lot!

Hernan

Man, I hope you dont send much email, that would double the size of your store! I can't really see why you would need to do this, is it not possible to use the monitoring facility in Exchange instead? Cheers,
Jamie

If it is for security reasons then you could use the 'message tracking centre'. This will show the sender, recipient, subject, size, msg history etc. However it will not show contents of message. Cheers,
Jamie

It is possible with X2k but as I'm not infront of my box at the moment I can't remember how. I will post instructions on Thursday afternoon.

Thanks

Dudeuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back