Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extn 4458 Overhearing Extn4462

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chedzz

Technical User
Apr 15, 2008
GB
Hi all,

not come across this previously. Problem is: i/c call to extn 4458, 4458 answers but I can't hear 4458 but I can hear extn 4462 (who can't hear me). I can even hear extn4462 talking to a colleague while she has the handset lifted and about to make a call.

It's a 406 and both parties are on the same DS30 module. S/W is 4.1.15, handsets are both 5410's.

Any clues?

Thanks

Chedzz

Did you recently upgraded the system ?
And if yes did you do the DS module to 3.2.999 first ?
That is neccessery for DS modules !

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Are they using the phone to answer the call or phone manager, maybe controlling the wrong device. - check user and base extension match

tlpeter - no, no recent upgrades and yes unit went thru 3.2.99 before going to V4.

ipo10 - user is using handset.

I've just switched extn4458 to a different port and got it re-patched and all is well. Still got the problem with the old port though.

Something a couple of reboots will the ports

Ahhh - Yoda talk that was..........

I'll try rebooting this evening and have another look at it tomorrow.

on the phone with the problem do *36till it says no user then see what number it displays

>Ahhh - Yoda talk that was..........

don't forget that tlPeter's first language isn't English!

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

mine isn't either and I'm sure he can appreciate the light hearted humour involved.

I see i missed a bit :)

It will fixe the ports sometimes with a reboot

I know Yoda by the way :)

Yeah, I think it always helps to cycle the power every now and then.

I would also point out that Yoda is very wise if a little vertically challenged :)

Is he taller in real life tlpeter?

Who Yoda ?
I don't know :)
But i speak with him everyday
He is on my Tomtom navigation and talk back friendly, even when he sends me the wrong way :)

Yeah, I've got Basil Faulty (John Cleese) telling me I'm an idiot when I go the wrong way and that he won't help me with my bags when we arrive at destination :)

mmm now embarassed am I

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

try a hard reboot of the individual module as well. it could be wiring or a bad mod. try it right at the ds30 and see what happens.

ACA & ACS IPO Implementation
ACA IP Telephony

I will do precisely that when I am there next week. All is well for now. Thanks for the help gents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back