Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Voice mail on the Meridian option 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulMcGuinness

Programmer
May 22, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is possible or not...

How can you configure the Meridian option 11 to send the forwarded party as DTMF to an Analog/POT's connected voice mail platform?

Many thanks,

Paul

You have to use tie trunks. 2 wire E&M, 4 wire E&M, DTI trunks. You could also use analog DID trunks. Wink start would be the best.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

And how would you configure the Meridian to use these trunks for voice mail? Also, how would you light the lamp on the phones?

the voice mail system will need to le programed to light the lamps.. the nortel side will not help with that.. to send numbers to a did route as dtmf you would need steering codes..

the problem with a non intergrated voice mail system is you need to know twice as much as someone adding a nortel product.. what is the voice mail type?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Paul,

Sorry to track you down via this forum, but read with interest you post about the HiPath 4000 and accessing it without going through ComWins (I'm assuming that is what you were doing). Did you ever find a way to access it? We are looking to do the same thing to obtain alarm and traffic information. Any help would be apprecaited.

thanks!

>> John:-

It's our own Voicemail (as in "I wrote it"). All I need to know is how to program the PABX to send the DTMF tones on connection.... or... is it simply easier to use a Intel/Dialogic D42 board and make it 'pretend' to be 4 x Digital Phones and 'read' the LCD for forwarding information (as we do on the Siemens ROLM)

Regards,

Paul

>> Paul:-

Re: HiPath 4000... nope... never got into the back-end. Feel free to email me at paulm AT mit-comms DOT co DOT uk to disucss it further though.

Regards,

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back