Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External User Account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2002
US
I am needing to create a account or email address that will go in my global group. This email account is for a external email address. The user does not have a email account on my domian but when a email is sent to the global group i would like for him to recieve the email to his private email address
ex. mail@yahoo.com. I was able to do it in 5.5 but i have not found a way to do it in 2k3. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

I've covered this before a few times in this forum.

Create the external account as a contact in AD. Then create the new user account and under one of the tabs is forward to another account, point at the contact. Add user account to distribution list.

I was trying to get away from adding the user to the domain. If i understand you right then i add the contact then add a user account. Ill give that a try but thanks for reexplaining it for me. I went through about 7 or 8 pages and never seen anything on it. I will look further down before i post again
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back