Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External transfered calls busy up LS trunks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

britten

Programmer
Oct 21, 2004
CA
On an SX200 EL 19 3.2 I am having two major issues:
1. A caller hears 3 rings before the phone system presents the call to the console.

2. When a receptionist transfers calls to a cell phone, the phone system doesnt recognize the termination of the call. This eventually causes all the trunks to be busied out. I've got LS trunks and Telus has "clear on disconnect" enabled on the trunks. Am I missing something in my trunk descriptor?

If you help me with these Mitelman I will leave you alone. I've had all these questions for quite sometime now and appreciate the help. Thanks a million!

do not Know about first question
but as far as question 2 unless you have centrex on
your lines when you do what you are calling a transfer
to a cell phone it must take two trunks to do!!

Britten,

In your trunk circuit descriptors in Form 13, are you expecting caller ID?. If that is set to yeas and you are no getting it, you can see the kind of problems you describe. Try turning that off and see if the problem goes away.

As for number 2. Regardless of what Telus says you will not get proper disconnect supervision. We have this problem occasionally as well, fight with Telus and then put in ground start trunks. But if the customer has caller ID and ls/Class cards your kinda outa luck. We have also consulted Mitel on this and they do not get the disconnect they need from Telus for the trunk to trunk feature to work properly. Telus does offer a centrex-like feature that you can get. I used it on a 3100 and it works well. I will have to try to find out what the feature was called when I am in the office tomorrow and let you know.

Simon

Simon,
Thanks Simon. Unfortunatly they do have CLASS cards and use caller ID. If you can find that Telus feature that would be great. Do you think this problem has anything to do with those supervision options in form 13? Usually I leave them at default.

******* FOR THE CONSOLE, WHEN IT RINGS 3X DOES THE CALLERID COME UP? IS IT ALWAYS 3X RINGS BEFORE THE CONSOLE IS ALTERED TO RINGING?

WHAT LDN IS THE LINE POINTING TOO? DOES IT COME UP ON THE SAME LDN ON THE CONSOLE?

******* FOR THE CLID/LS CLASS TRUNK, HERES HOW I HAVE MINE SETUP HERE IN ONTARIO. THE LS TRUNK CARD TERMINATES INSTANTLY UPON DISCONNECT SUPERVISION FROM BELL. I HAVE TO ADMIT I DO WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT ON TWO DIFFERENT SYSTEMS (NORTEL AND MITEL) AND I FIND THE MITEL IS MUCH FASTER AND ACCURIT ON THE D/S.

Reverse to Idle NO
Far-end gives answer supervision YES
Inhibit automatic supervision NO
No seize alarm YES
No release alarm YES
Toll office NO
Is this a CO YES
Save Busy-Out Status YES
Impedance
COMPLEX
Calling party disconnect timer 1 - 12 minutes 5
Ignore remote disconnect NO
Disconnect timer 100 - 9900 ms ( 100 ms inc ) 500
Supervision direction: incoming trunk calls also YES
Guard timer 0 - 3000 ms ( 100 ms inc ) 2000
Class trunk YES
Ring cycle timer 6 - 10 seconds 6
Ignore line reversal during seizure YES
Ringing expected YES
Ringing debounce timer 5 - 12 seconds 5
Seize timer 10 - 60 s ( 10 s inc ) 60
Flash timer 200 - 700 ms ( 100 ms inc ) 300
Flash over trunk NO
Direct access on CO Line Keys: bypass Key System Toll Control YES

Britten, the feature that we got from Telus was trunk flash on key. It behaves like a centrex flash. Once enabled you have to allow sets to be able to flash the current trunk and away you go. I must warn you I have only tried it with trunks that are terminated to keys, but it should not matter as the trunk flash is initiated by a feature key or access code.

TheAvayaGuy, I have never tried turning on incoming supervision, as apparantly here in Alberta it is not gaurenteed. I would imagine with your settings the trunk to trunk connection would work well. Britten, you may want to try what theavayaguy suggests as you have nothing to lose and it is easy to test. Now I just have to find a site with LS Trunks to try this as well!

Thanks guys! I will try these things out.

As an FYI on this issue.

With Nortel (BCM or Norstar) you would think the DS would be 100%, afterall it's a Nortel switch in the office and a Nortel carrier switch at Bell. So it's Nortel at both ends, so you think they could get it to work 100%. I find the Mitel Networks much better with DS. I can not recall the last time I went to a site to pull the line and punch it back down...

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back