Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

external transfer difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.

downunder1

Technical User
Feb 22, 2005
AU
Hi, I've built a transfer to an external number, but when I dial in AA will answer [press one] then CP will announce 'one moment please' followed by hold music, after 10 seconds I will get a message 'the routing information configured for this call is not valid' I've tried (under the ccr tree>transfer) with line and pool selected. I also put a '0' before the number. Can anyone give me something wlse to try? thanks in advance.

Ben

Do the lines have supervision on them?

Do your active application DN's have access to the line pool you're trying to call out on?

What type of trunks/lines are you using for the external transfer to go out on?

DueE

Do the lines have supervision on them?

No, and when I enable it, I can't get a line out. It comes back with a message 'no dial tone'(even though there is). I have ROI enabled at network.Supervision of line(s) is another problem that I was hoping wouldn't affect things. I left it set to unsupervised but is this going to affect the way external transfers happen?

Ben

P.S. I'm new to forum and not sure how to quote a line from a previous post. I cut/copy/paste the top line here.

From dueE--What type of trunks/lines are you using for the external transfer to go out on?

Analog PSTN. Do they have to be ISDN?

From biv343--Do your active application DN's have access to the line pool you're trying to call out on?

Yes, I just checked.
Also, When I added the transfer (ccr tree/transfer node/outdial type) I selected Pool and entered the pool number 'A' but it wouldn't accept alpha only a numeric entry.

Remote access on loop start trunks
Loop start trunks provide remote access to Business Communications Manager from the public
network. They must be configured to be auto-answer to provide remote system access.
A loop start trunk must have disconnect supervision if it is to operate in the auto-answer mode.
T1 E&M trunks always operate in disconnect supervised mode.

When a caller dials into the system on a line that has auto-answer without DISA, the system
answers with system dial tone and no COS password is required. In this case, the restriction filters
assigned to the line control system capabilities available to the caller.

When a caller dials in on a line that has auto-answer with DISA, the system answers with stuttered
dial tone. This is the prompt to enter a COS password that determines which system capabilities
are available to the caller.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
AFTER INSTALLING THE CUMULATIVE PATCH #3 DIALING-IN FAILED TO CONNECT TO EXTERNAL SITES
CALL PILOT CONFIGURATIIONS
1. Mailbox Administration has no affect on dial-in configuration
1. auto-attendant does not affect dial-in line
2. Custom Call Routing is not configured for dial-in line
3. Networking does not apply to dial-in configuration
4. Call Center does not apply to dial-in conifguration
5. Reports does not apply to dial-in conifguration
6. Configuration
a. System Poperties
b. Enable Network Transfers (enabled)

CONFIGURE SETTINGS
1. Define a Remote Package
a. Services/Telephony Services/General Settings/Remote access Packages
b. Package 15
c. Highlight Line Pool access
1. click on "Add"
2. Type in desired Pool
2. Services/Telephony Services/Lines/Physical Lines/Enabled Physical Lines
3. Line 94
a. General
1. Name "2961907"
2. Control Set "DN 4000"
3.Use Remote Package "15" (The #1 factor in remote access)
b.Trunkline/Data
1. Trunk Type "LOOP"
2. Line Type "public"
3. Dial mode "Tone"
4. Prime set "DN 4000"
5. Distinct rings in use "None"
6. Distinct Ring "None"
7. Auto Privacy "Y"
8. Trunk Mode "Supervised"
9. Answer Mode "Auto" (#2 factor for remote access)
10. Answer with DISA "N"
11. Link at CO "N"
12. Use auxillary ringer "N"
13. Full autohold "N"
14. Loss Package "Medium CO"
15. Impedance (ohms) "600"
4. Restrictions
a. Line Restictions : not changed from defaults
b. Remote Restrictions : not changed from d

I think your problem is that the lines are not supervised. One of the reasons you could not call out when you said yes to supervision is because Telco don't have it on the lines. Tell them you would like supervision on those lines. Not sure if the BCM mail is the same but I know the NAM and the Flash you would get the recording that you are getting if you did not have line supervision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back