Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External System (SfB) to IP Office over SIP Line

joestar

Technical User
Apr 15, 2024
US
I have an external system Skype for Business (SfB) connected to the IP Office using a SIP Line. When the user calls out from the SfB client, I have an incoming call route that looks like this:
Line Group: 4
Incoming Number: XXXXXXXXXXX
Destination 9#

This works fine if the user is making a call out. (the SfB server does not send a 9). However the SfB client cannot call internal extensions. All of our internal extensions have DIDs. for example, 800-555-1200 through 800-555-1299. Is there some way I can look for the first 8 digits of the number dialed and if they match 80055512, then send the call to the matching internal DID but if they do not, add the 9 and dial out?

For incoming calls to the SfB client I have a short code setup:
797N/Dial/NSSi/21 (Group 21 is the line group going to the SfB server.

for most users, I have their twinned number set to 797 followed by their SfB phone number. Internal calls to their extension twin to SfB just fine. However, external calls show up with the 9 before the number. Is there a way to strip the leading 9 from the CLID of the call when it is twinned to SfB?

LG: 4
Incoming Number 80055512xx
Destination 12#

I was able to resolve most of my problems with this configuration.

I setup a new line for the SfB server with the following SIP URI:

Channel 1:

Local URI: *
Display Name: *
PAI: None
Incoming Group: 4
Outgoing Group: 3

Channel 2

Local URI: Use Internal Data
Display Name: Use Internal Data
PAI: None
Incoming Group: 3
Outgoing Group: 5

Group 3 is not actually used anywhere in my configuration. I just used that number to indicate that I do not want any calls going through that channel in the direction where 2 is specified.

I then used UCDialPlans.com to create a dial plan for SfB that includes all of my DIDs so that when the user dials a 4 digit extension or the associated DID from SfB, only the 4 digit extension is passed to the IPO.

I setup (2) Incoming call Routes for the SfB user to be able to make outbound calls.
For internal Extensions:
Incoming Number: XXXX
Destination: .

For External Numbers:
Incoming Number: XXXXXXXXXXX
Destination: 9#

Then, for the SfB user to receive calls on their SfB extension, I setup a short code:
7N
Telephone Number: N
Line Group 5

I setup twinning on the user's IPO extension to twin to 7 followed by their DID (which is the same number as their SfB number).

This all is working well. The only problem I am still having is that the calls coming into SfB from outside callers show the correct outside caller's CLID phone number, but the display name for the CLID shows the phone number as well and not the display name being sent by the Telco. The display names show up on the IPO desk phones but are just not passed through to the SfB by twinning.

Any help on this last part would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back