Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAULSGS

Programmer
May 10, 2002
US
I am trying to modify my external strategy file - stora7en.txt to include a section for the STRUCT(ure) in order to limit the number of tables listed in the Table Browser when inserting a table into the Structure panel.

The changes I have made to the Object and Join section work fine, and only tables that I care about are offered as candidates for Object or Join creation. However the Table or Structure section is new, and although when clicking on the Parameters icon and then the Strategies tab my new strategy is available, it returns no rows when the Refresh button is pressed in Table Browser. The same sql produces the expected results through TOAD by the way.

So I conclude that either I have got a layout problem or this is a bug.

Have you got an example of an external strategy file for an oracle 8.1 database with a working STRUCT(ure) section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back